Friarage Community Primary School is a member of the Scalby Learning Trust.
The Scalby Learning Trust in Scarborough aims to improve education in the locality through establishing coherent and collaborative practice across schools and other educational institutions in the area.
|CEO – David Read|
|Scalby Learning Trust,
Scalby Leearning Trust will:
- Provide a safe and purposeful environment within which each pupil is valued and motivated to strive for excellence
- Provide a high quality of teaching that increases knowledge and understanding, fosters an enjoyment of learning and develops skills for life
- Offer a varied and balanced curriculum
- Provide equal opportunities for all
- Develop successful leadership at all levels
- Work in partnership with parents, governors and the local community
- Inviting schools to join the Trust or work in collaboration with it for the benefit of young people in the local area
- Working with local colleges to improve outcomes for post 16 learners
- Working with the Local Authority through the Opportunity Area initiative to improve outcomes for young people
- Establishing a school improvement model with practitioners experienced in raising standards from the age of 4 to 18 with a particular focus on closing the gap between disadvantaged youngsters and others
- Establishing a cost effective support service to support all schools within the trust in order to maximise funding for school improvement.